Sunday, September 28, 2008

Steak with Crispy Potatoes

Yum! I loved these potatoes! They had just enough hint of garlic. I think this would be good on french fries too. I have a french fry cutter, but you could just slice the potatoes.
On Britta's website she uses skirt steak cooked medium rare. I like my meat a cooked medium well. I used a dry canadian steak seasoning for my marinade. I rubbed some olive oil on the meat and the rubbed on the seasoning and cooked on a skillet.

Crispy Potatoes
Ingredients:
2 garlic cloves
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 pound red new potatoes, sliced 1/4-inch thick
Directions:
Preheat oven to 475 degrees. Finely chop garlic, and sprinkle with salt. Using a chef's knife, press flat side of blade back and forth across garlic to make a paste. Transfer to a small bowl; add thyme and oil and stir to combine.
On a large, rimmed baking sheet, toss potatoes with garlic mixture; bake until browned, 20 to 25 minutes.

Enjoy!

No comments: