Sunday, September 28, 2008

Oven Fried Vegetable Sticks

I loved this side! I've been on a side kick I guess. Eli and I were given a ton of veggies including squash from a friend's garden. I got confused and though we had zucchini, but it was an orange squash (the one that curls around). It still tasted good, but I bet it would taste better with the zucchini.

I served this with pork that I rubbed with olive oil and an herb-bell pepper rub. It's from pampered chef. Definitely a good investment. We also had regular egg noodles with a little butter, salt, and pepper. It was all yummy and way easy.

Oven Fried Zucchini Sticks

Ingredients:
½ cup seasoned bread crumbs
2 Tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
3 medium zucchini
1/2 cup milk or water
1 cup spaghetti sauce or low fat ranch dressing (I didn't use this, but I bet it would be good!)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Spray baking sheet with nonstick spray. Place crumbs, cheese and seasoning into plastic bag; shaketo combine.

Cut zucchini into sticks. Fill shallow bowl with milk (I used the water for less calories). Dip sticks into milk and shake in crumbs to coat. Bake on sheet 10-15 minutes or until brown.

Serve with spaghetti sauce or dressing.

No comments: