Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Anti-Recommendations

So, for the first time since we started this blog, I have a recipe that I not only wouldn't recommend, but I feel the need to anti-recommend it. I thought it would be a good idea to have a category for these recipes, so here it is!

The first recipe I'd like to add to this new category is Double Peanut Butter Paisley Brownies. I found the recipe on the side of a bag of peanut butter chips. It sounds like it should be delicious. But I was very much let down. The peanut butter flavor is artificial tasting, the chocolate is artificial tasting, and the texture is very strange. Maybe I mixed the dough too much, I don't know, but it seems that Hershey's Syrup doesn't bake well. It was oddly chewy and bland. Overall, I was sad that I stayed up late last night to make them.

1 comment:

Paula said...

That's a great idea to have a category for anti-recommendations! I will be sure not to make those.