Thursday, September 18, 2008

Poor Man's Food (aka: Tuna Bunnies)

I have told Brian many times that tuna bunnies just isn't an appetizing name, but well, he doesn't care. We've brainstormed, with one of my sisters, what would be a good name for this meal. We came to the conclusion that it's almost impossible to come up with an appetizing name for something that involves tuna. So, I've stuck with Poor Man's Food. This meal is another one that I grew up with and love.

Dinners 049

Poor Man's Food

Ingredients:
1 can tuna, drained
1 can cream of mushroom or chicken (whichever you have)
1/2 can milk
frozen peas
cheese (I forgot to sprinkle ours with cheese :()
bread
butter or margarine (I use a margarine spread)

Directions:
Start by taking your bread and buttering both sides of each slice. Then push each of them into a cup of a muffin pan. You have to sort of form them into a cup and your hands will get all buttery. Put them in a 375 degree oven.

Put the tuna, soup, and milk in a pan and heat to a simmer. Add the peas and let heat until peas are thawed and mixture is hot. Keep an eye on the bread cups. I have never timed it, but I think it takes about 15-20 minutes. They will be golden. Pour tuna mixture over a bread cup, sprinkle cheese on top, and enjoy!

* If you're in a hurry you can just toast some bread and pour the mixture on that. I like the cups because they're fun and the butter makes them yummy, but toast is very good too.
*I tagged it as 30 minutes just because I can't remember how long the cups take. But I think it's more like a 20 minute meal.

No comments: