Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Pizza Sauce

In the same post that I got the pizza dough recipe, this homemade pizza sauce was recommended. It only has a few ingredients and I was intrigued by that. I've always used store bought sauce, but I had to try this! It was very easy and delicious! I even preferred it to my usual store bought sauce.

Ingredients:
1 14.5 oz. can diced tomatoes
1 small can tomato paste
1 tablespoon sugar
Oregano
Garlic powder
Italian seasoning
Crushed red pepper (optional)

Directions:
In blender or food processor add tomatoes, paste and seasonings to taste. Blend until desired consistency. That's it!

*I was very intimidated by the fact that there aren't any measurements for the seasonings. I'm not one to just add things to taste. But it wasn't bad...just add a bit of each. Be light on the crushed red pepper unless you want it spicy. I poured mine into a pot and simmered it for a while because I couldn't tell if I had enough spices (cold sauce just doesn't taste good).

No comments: