Saturday, January 9, 2010

Mexican Bean & Corn Bowl

I got this from the 3 Fat Chicks Forum. I was a little skeptical at first because it looked kind of weird, but it was so good (sorry no picture)! Eli was thinking that this would make a good bean dip if you added a little of the Taco Bell restaurant sauce. You could also add some ground beef and plop it in a tortilla for a yummy burrito.

Ingredients:
1 can pinto beans
1/4 c. onion
1 tsp diced jalapeno pepper
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 to 1 tsp cumin (to taste)
1 c. corn
1 tbsp green bell pepper, diced
1 tbsp red bell, pepper, diced

Directions:
In a skillet, with a dash of olive oil, saute the onion, garlic, and pepper (about 4 minutes).

Add cumin and the pinto beans. Take a spoon (I use a potato masher) and mash about half of the beans. Heat through and then remove from heat.

In a small pot filled with water, combine and cook the corn and peppers. Drain and remove.

In a bowl, combine the beans and corn mixture. Add salsa if you'd like!




1 comment:

Robin said...

I'm excited to see all these Vegetarian dishes. We're trying to only eat meat 2x a week and do veggie dishes the rest of the time. I've been needing some new ideas with the beans. We can only have bean tacos so often:) I'm making this one for dinner tonight. I'll let you know what I think.