Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Black Bean and Corn Wonton Cups

(I forgot to take a picture so this is the picture off of the website)

I got this recipe off of bettycrocker.com for the new year day party at my in-laws and I decided to post it for those of you who don't go on Betty Crocker's website. (which I am sure most do, but I decided I needed to post something). :)

I thought this recipe was really good. My advise would be to only put the black bean and corn salsa in the cups just before you are about to eat them. After awhile the salsa makes the cups a little mushy so I would suggest serving them right away or have a platter of cups and a bowl of salsa on the side.

Black Bean and Corn Wonton Cups

36wonton skins
2/3cup Old El Paso® Thick 'n Chunky salsa
1/4cup chopped fresh cilantro
1/2teaspoon ground cumin
1/2teaspoon chili powder
1can (15.25 ounces) Green Giant® whole kernel corn, drained
1can (15 oz) Progresso® black beans, drained, rinsed
1/4cup sour cream
Cilantro sprigs, if desired

1.Heat oven to 350ºF. Gently fit 1 wonton skin into each of 36 small muffin cups, 1 3/4x1 inch, pressing against bottom and side. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until light golden brown. Remove from pan; cool on wire rack.
2.Mix remaining ingredients except sour cream and cilantro sprigs. Just before serving, spoon bean mixture into wonton cups. Top each with 1/2 teaspoon sour cream. Garnish each with cilantro sprig.

Enjoy :)

No comments: