Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Fast and Easy Pizza Dough

In the past when I've made pizza I always buy the dough and the sauce. I always figured, hey, pizza is supposed to be a quick meal on those days when I don't want to spend a lot of time in the kitchen. I came across a dough recipe on My Kitchen Cafe and she sure made it sound easy and delicious. So I tried it and it was in fact, easy and delicious! What I like about this recipe is you don't have to make it in advance at all. It doesn't have to rise. That's my kind of dough!

IMG_2406

IMG_2401

Ingredients:
3 cups flour, more or less
1 tablespoon honey, heaping
1 tablespoon oil, heaping
1 cup warm water
1 tablespoon yeast
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt

Directions:

Preheat oven to 475 degrees. (If using a pizza stone, let stone heat for at least 30 minutes in the oven before baking pizza.) Mix all pizza dough ingredients together, except the flour. Add flour and knead for a bit then put into pan. If baking in a sheet pan, bake for about 12 minutes (checking often) until crust is browned and cheese is golden and bubbly. If baking on the preheated pizza stone, slide pizza onto stone and bake for about 8 minutes. Makes 1 large pizza.

* I only needed about 2 and 1/2 cups of flour. I used a wooden spoon and stirred in a couple cups of flour and then I kneaded in another half cup until it was smooth and just slightly sticky to the touch. I probably packed the flour a bit or something. Three cups would probably be right for those who measure flour correctly.
* If you're going to use a pizza stone there are more directions for that on the website.

It really was the easiest yeast dough I've ever made and I plan on using it for pizza in the future! It was yummy! The original recipe is found here.

No comments: