Sunday, October 12, 2008

Oreo Chunk Chocolate Chip Cookies

I discovered this recipe on a blog called Baked Perfection. Everything she makes looks delicious! There are tons of recipes I want to try on her site. These became my entry for the dessert competition of the ward cook-off last night. (Unfortunately, I didn't win. :( They were all eaten though!)

This was an interesting recipe. The dough was pretty hard to handle because of all the oreo chunks. They're quite delicious, though!


Oreo Chunk Chocolate Chip Cookies
Ingredients:
2 1/2 c. flour
1 t. baking soda
1 t. salt
1 package vanilla instant Jell-O Pudding (not prepared, the smaller size box)
1 dash of cinnamon
2 c. (2 sticks) butter, softened (I did my half butter, half margarine trick)
3/4 c. sugar
3/4 c. brown sugar
1 t. vanilla
2 eggs
2 c. chocolate chips (I used milk chocolate chips because that's what it looked like she used in her pictures, and it sounded yummy to me.)
30-40 double stuffed Oreos*, crushed into medium chunks (you really need the double stuffed kind)

*
I really think this is a ton of Oreos. One package had 36 Oreos in it, so I just used the whole pack. It was a little overwhelming, and like I mentioned, made the dough a bit tough to handle. I think next time (and oh yes, there will be a next time ;) ) I will use more like 20-25 Oreos.

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Beat together butter, sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla until smooth and creamy. Add in eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each one. Add baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Add pudding mix. Add flour. (Yes, you guessed it! She has you mix the dry ingredients separately! My laziness strikes again!) Stir in chocolate chips and Oreo chunks. Usually I just use my mixer for everything when I'm making cookies, but I really did stop and use a wooden spoon to stir in the Oreo chunks and chocolate chips. The dough was very thick. Roll into balls and bake for 10-11 minutes. Makes 4 to 5 dozen cookies.

It was hard for me to get my cookies to stay round, and they certainly don't look as beautiful as hers, but they sure taste good! Here's a link directly to the original recipe: Oreo Chunk Chocolate Chip Cookies. Check it out! Her pictures are wonderful.

No comments: