Sunday, August 10, 2008

Crockpot Lasagna & CHEESE BREAD


Yum-O! Eli and I loved this lasagna. Thanks for posting that recipe Amanda. I thought I'd do it justice and post a picture of it too. It was so stinkin' easy to make. I decided that I needed some cheese bread to go along with it, so I did a search on cooks.com and found a good one. I think next time I'll make these in a muffin pan. The bread is really good with ranch or some oil w/ parmesan cheese. Thanks for all the AMAZING ideas ladies!

Cheese Bread

Ingredients:
2 c flour
4 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 c shredded Cheddar cheese
1/4 c grated Parmesan cheese
2 eggs, beaten
1/4 c butter, melted
1 c milk
2 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
Combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir in Cheddar cheese and 1/4 cup Parmesan. Mix together eggs, butter and milk. Add to the dry ingredients. Stir only until moistened. Batter will be somewhat lumpy. Do not over mix.
Pour into a greased 9x5" loaf pan. Smooth down the center with a wet spatula to flatten top. Sprinkle evenly with 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese.
Bake about 40 minutes.
Serve warm, or sprinkled with cheese and toasted the next day.

No comments: