Saturday, August 16, 2008

Chicken and Broccoli Casserole

It has been an interesting past week. I didn't get a chance to put together a menu because I had surgery! But, my mom has been in town to take care of us and she has cooked some very yummy meals. We have been very spoiled! This was another one of my favorites growing up. I know Jennie and Paul eat it a lot as well. So, I thought I would post it!

Dinners 029

Chicken and Broccoli Casserole

Ingredients:
2 chicken breasts, cooked a chopped up
steamed broccoli (don't over cook because it will cook more in oven)
1 can cream of chicken soup
1/2 can milk
cheddar cheese
cooked rice

Directions:
Cook chicken. My mom places the chicken on a cookie sheet with foil and sprinkles them with pepper/lemon pepper and garlic powder and then cooks them at 350 for about 20 minutes (depending on size). I always like how her chicken tastes. Combine chicken, broccoli, soup, and milk (my mom combines it all in the pot she cooked the broccoli in so she doesn't have to dirty another dish). Pour in 8X8 pyrex (or cooking dish) and sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Bake at 350 until cheese is melted and it's bubbly (about 15 minutes). Serve over rice (we had brown this time).

*My mom said that sometimes she puts some green onion in it but that's completely optional. She didn't put any in this time and it was delicious!

No comments: