Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Swedish Meatballs

This is a recipe that Brian has in a little book of recipes that his sister gave him before he went off to college. I was in the mood for something new, so I tried this recipe. It was pretty good. The sauce was a little heavy for my liking so next time I think I'll add a little more milk.





Swedish Meatballs

Ingredients:
1 small onion chopped (I grated it)
1 egg
1/4 c. bread crumbs
2 tbsp milk
1/2 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp pepper
1 lb. ground beef

Sauce:
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1/4 c. milk (I will use more next time)
1/2 c. sour cream
1 tbsp parsley

cooked noodles

Directions:
Combine meatball mixture then form into balls. Place on ungreased cookie sheet and bake for about 20 minutes at 350 degrees or until cooked through. Place meatballs in saucepan and pour sauce over the top. Cover and cook for 7-8 minutes. Serve over noodles.

* It was a pretty heavy meal but I think adding a little more milk to the sauce would help a ton to lighten it up.

*Oh and by the way, I don't think these are really swedish meatballs even though that's what my sister-in-law calls them. Well, duh, the recipe is obviously not Swedish, but I think I've had swedish meatballs that were VERY different than these. Meh, who knows!

No comments: