Thursday, July 24, 2008

Bell Pepper Turkey Burger

I got this recipe from my friend's blog. She's a great chef! You can find more amazing stuff here. Her recipe calls for ground chicken, but I couldn't find any so I used ground turkey. I also used regular colby jack cheese because it's my favorite! I would suggest chopping everything first. Use lots of napkins because you will drool. Enjoy!

Ingredients:
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 small onion, finely chopped
1 orange bell pepper, finely chopped
1 celery stalk, finely chopped
1 pound ground turkey
4 whole grain wheat hamburger buns
colby jack cheese, sliced
lettuce, tomato, and mayonnaise for serving

Directions:
In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Add onion, bell pepper, and celery; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer to a medium bowl; cool to room temperature (reserve skillet).

Add turkey to cooled vegetable mixture in bowl; season with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Mix to combine. Shape mixture into 4 patties.

(Now would be a good time to throw some fries in the oven, if serving).In reserved skillet, heat remaining tablespoon oil over medium; cook patties until browned and cooked through, 6 to 8 minutes per side. After first side has browned and you have flipped burgers, add cheese, so that it has sufficient time to melt.Place turkey burgers on buns and top with tomato, lettuce, and mayonnaise.


1 comment:

Jennie said...

Those sound delicious! I'm excited to try them. :)