Saturday, July 19, 2008

Menu: July 19 to July 25

Well, Saturday is our shopping day as of right now, so it looks like I get to be the first to post a menu! Here are the meals I have planned for the week:

Saturday (today): pork chops in store-bought marinade, rice (white and brown mix), corn on the cob, wheat rolls
Sunday: We're actually going to a barbecue with a few families from our ward.
Monday: Salad with Adobe Chicken, wheat rolls
Tuesday: Curry and rice
Wednesday: Vegetable Lasagna
Thursday: Chicken a la King (Paula's recipe)
Friday: Spaghetti with "Meatloaf Balls" (as Paul likes to call them)

I'm excited! I was telling Paula, this is the first time in a long time that I've actually been excited about planning a menu. Of course I'll report on how it goes and post recipes throughout the week.

Good times!

2 comments:

Paula said...

Yum! I'll have to try store bought marinades...I've never tried any. Do you recommend any particular brand? What's adobe chicken? That's a great menu.

Jennie said...

I got the recipe from Hatrack for the Adobe chicken. I don't know why it's called that, but it's just a way of cooking chicken in oil and vinegar with onions and seasonings. I'll post the recipes this week. :)

As far as store-bought marinades, we've tried a whole bunch. We've liked pretty much all the ones we've tried. This one was Lawry's brand Steak and Chops marinade with garlic and pepper. It was tasty! They're nice because they only need 30 minutes to marinate.