Friday, July 25, 2008

Chocolate Chip Cookies


I got a craving today. :) Most of you have this recipe already, but I figured I'd post it here along with my cookie-making tips.

Chocolate Chip Cookies
Ingredients:
1 c. (2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened (I use half butter and half margarine. See tips.)
3/4 c. white sugar
1 c. brown sugar
2 eggs
1/2 T. vanilla
3/4 t. salt
3/4 t. baking soda
3 c. flour
1 bag chocolate chips

Directions:
Beat butter and/or margarine until smooth. Add both kinds of sugar, mixing thoroughly. Add vanilla and eggs, mixing thoroughly. Add salt and baking soda. Add flour. If it's hard on your mixer, add flour about half at a time. Add chocolate chips. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes.

Jennie's Cookie Making Tips (sorry if I've already told you these tips, I just figured it would be good to have them written down):
1. Use real vanilla. Always let the measuring spoon overflow into the bowl just a tad. ;)
2. Use dark brown sugar.
3. Use half real butter and half margarine (margarine helps keep the cookies soft, and butter makes them taste good).
4. Do your best not to overcook your cookies. I always check them after 9 minutes and add time in increments of 1-2 minutes depending on how they look.
5. Store cookies in a ziploc bag. I know cookie jars are cute, but they're not air tight. Cookies should stay soft if they are stored in a ziploc bag.

1 comment:

Eli & Mandy said...

*Drool* Those look delicious. I might have to have a Sunday snack.