Friday, November 7, 2008

Navajo Tacos


I got this recipe from a girl in the ward. It was fast, easy to make, and kid approved. I forgot to take a picture of one topped with goodies, but here's one of the pieces of flat bread. This is a little size for my little eaters. They puff up a lot in the oil, so I'm going to flatten them even more for next time.

Flat bread:
3 c. flour
1 c. milk
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. sugar
1 Tbsp. baking powder
Mix all ingredients together (you may have to add a little more milk if it is on the dry side). Roll into balls and then flatten. I usually get about 7 or 8. Fry in oil until a golden brown on both sides.
Top with: chili, beans, tomatoes, lettuce, olives, cheese, green onions, sour cream and salsa etc.

1 comment:

Jennie said...

Robin! We've missed you! :) Looks yummy.