Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Easy Dinner Rolls

So, Saturday night I made the dough for Melt-In-Your-Mouth Dinner Rolls and was way excited to have rolls the next night with the yummy soup I was making. In the morning I checked the dough and it seemed really dense so I assumed I put too much flour. I really wanted rolls that night so I looked online to see if I could find a recipe that would be done by that night. I came across this recipe and it had good reviews, so we gave it a shot. They turned out great! I will definitely have to make these again. Once again, my picture isn't very good, but there are lots of pictures with the recipe online.

IMG_6267

Ingredients
  • 1 cup water (110 degrees F)
  • 2 packages yeast (Do not use the quick rising in this recipe)
  • 1/2 cup butter, melted
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 4 1/4 cups flour
Directions:
Combine water and yeast in large bowl; let stand for 5 minutes. With wooden spoon, stir in butter, sugar, eggs and salt. Add flour, 1 cup at a time and beat in as much as you can (you will probably be able to use all the flour). Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or up to 3 days. Grease a 9x13 baking pan. Turn dough onto floured surface. Divide into 24 equal pieces. Roll each piece into a smooth ball and place in rows in prepared pan. Cover and let rise for 1 hour or until doubled. Bake at 375 degrees for 17 minutes or until golden brown.

* Brian also spread melted butter over the top before and after these were baked.
* We used all the flour it called for
* We put foil on top for the last few minutes so the tops wouldn't get too brown before the insides were done.

Oh, and the other rolls turned out after all, so we had A LOT of rolls :). Here's the original link again.

http://www.recipezaar.com/Easy-Dinner-Rolls-40633

1 comment:

Jennie said...

I made these when the missionaries came over for dinner back in June. They turned out delicious! I really liked how quick they were. The only problem I had was that I took them out of the oven too soon. The rolls on the edges were done, but not the ones in the middle. I had to put them back in the oven for a while.