Thursday, April 29, 2010

Fruit Dip

This recipe goes way back to Valentine's Day. :) I wanted to have a fruit plate with dip as one of our appetizers (for some reason I thought the two of us needed three appetizers...who knows what I was thinking!). I did a quick search on allrecipes.com, and found literally hundreds of options. I knew Paul wouldn't like anything that had marshmallow fluff in it, so that narrowed things down quite a bit.

I finally settled on this recipe. It was very easy, very quick, and very yummy! I just tried to find the original recipe on allrecipes so that I could link to it, but I couldn't find it. Sorry!


Fruit Dip
Ingredients:
1 box instant vanilla pudding mix (smaller size, 3.4 oz)
1 container (8 oz) frozen whipped topping (like Cool Whip), thawed
1 package cream cheese, softened
1 c. powdered sugar
1 c. whole milk

Directions:
Whip all ingredients together with an electric mixer until smooth and fluffy. Chill until ready to serve.

I thought this dip was especially good with grapes and tart apples. It's not exactly good for you--ha ha--but it is definitely fun! :)

No comments: