Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Secret Sesame Chicken


I don't know why it's called Secret Sesame Chicken Maybe because it taste so good or that it is spicy!? I guess you'll have to try it out and taste for yourself.


I got this recipe from my mother-in-law, Jan. Where she found it I don't know, but it is yummy.
I would cook rice with this recipe.
Orange Puree- makes about 2 cups
1 med. sweet potato or yam, peeled and coarsely chopped
3 med. to large carrots peeled and sliced into thick chunks.
2 to 3 TBL water
Boil for 20 mins until soft
Blend in food processor with two TBL of wter

Sweet and Sour sauce - makes about 1 cup of sauce
3 TBL low-sodium soy sauce
3 TBL brown sugar
1/2 cup orange puree
1/4 cup pomegranate juice or apple juice
4 tsp cider vinegar
1/2 to 3/4 cayenne pepper - I thought it was really spicy so I would use less if you don't like food burning in your mouth
2 tsp. ground ginger
1/2 cup pineapple chunks

Secret Sesame Chicken
1 1/2 cup sweet and sour sauce
1/2 cup sesame seeds - these seeds are really expensive and I didn't buy them, but as I was cooking it I remembered to look on my spice rack and I had some, but honestly if you don't have any it's okay without it.
1/8 tsp salt and pepper
1 lb boneless chicken into strips

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 13 x9 inch glass baking dish with oil. Spread half the sweet and sour sauce on bottom. Pour sesame seeds on a plate, along with salt and pepper. Press chicken pieces on the plate of seeds. Cover remaining sauce. Bake 25-30 min.


No comments: