Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Lemon Chicken

This is a recipe I found on a food blog of someone from my old ward.  It's really easy and quite good.  It only requires a few ingredients.  I recommend to serve it with a vegetable and biscuit/rice/roll side.

IMG_0688

Ingredients:
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
2 tsp lemon-pepper seasoning
4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
1 package (9 oz) hollandaise sauce mix
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 tablespoons butter, divided

Directions:

1. In a large resealable bag, combine flour and lemon-pepper. Flatten chicken to 1/2-inch thickness. Add chicken one piece at a time, and shake to coat.

2. Prepare sauce according to package directions. Stir in lemon juice. Meanwhile in a skillet, saute chicken in 2 tablespoons butter for 4-6 minutes on each side.

* As you can tell I cut my chicken breasts in strips.  You can use whatever cut you want but I think it works best if the chicken is in smaller pieces.
* I am generous with the amount of lemon pepper I use.  Two teaspoons didn't seem like enough.

1 comment:

Jennie said...

This recipe is really good! I enjoyed it a lot. It has a really great flavor, and the chicken turns out nice and juicy because it's coated in flour. Thanks for the recipe, Paula! :)