Monday, March 23, 2009

Rigatoni with Meat Sauce

I made this recipe a couple weeks ago, and it was quite good. I liked that it was fast and simple. I found it at Chef Britta.

Rigatoni with Meat Sauce
Ingredients:
12 oz. rigatoni
1 lb. ground beef
1 medium onion, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 c. tomato paste
1/2 to 1 t. garlic salt
1/8 t. cayenne pepper
1 T. red-wine vinegar

Directions:
Cook pasta. Meanwhile, brown beef in a large saucepan over medium high heat. Add onion and garlic, and season generously with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until onions are tender (about five minutes). Stir in tomato paste, garlic salt, and cayenne pepper, and cook about two more minutes. Add 1 1/2 cups water and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook for 8-10 minutes, until slightly thickened. Stir in vinegar and season again with salt and pepper, to taste. Serve meat sauce over pasta. Top with Parmesan cheese, if desired.


I liked that it was different than regular old spaghetti. Those of you who know me, know that I'm not the biggest fan of spaghetti. This was different enough that I enjoyed it and would happily make it again.

Here's the link to Chef Britta's recipe: Rigatoni with Meat Sauce.

No comments: