Monday, March 16, 2009

Caramel Brownies

This is one of our favorite desserts. I think it would probably be more accurately described as a cookie bar because of its consistency, but either way, they're pretty yummy!

Sunday Desserts 009

Ingredients:
1 German chocolate cake mix
3/4 c. melted butter
2/3 c. evaporated milk
50 caramels (one package)
chocolate chips (semi-sweet)

Directions:
Mix cake mix, 3/4 c. melted butter and 1/3 cup evaporated milk. Spread half the mixture in an ungreased 9X13 pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 15-18 minutes.

Meanwhile in a saucepan melt caramels with 1/3 c. evaporated milk over low heat until completely melted. Remove bottom layer from oven and let cool for a moment (I usually only wait a few minutes) then pour caramel over the top. Sprinkle chocolate chips all over caramel (I never measure just sprinkle them all over). Spread remaining cake mixture over the top (I pat the dough between my hands to form little patties and put them all over the top). Bake for 15-18 minutes.

1 comment:

Robin said...

Caramel is my favorite thing in the world. I can't wait to make these!